Care of Rope
How to take care of your Rope?
1. Keep your rope off the ground: Keep your
rope elevated so dirt, grease, chemicals, and
various debris can’t touch it.
2. Store rope out of the sun and excessive
heat: Excessive heat can weaken rope, so
don’t store it in a hot shed or attic.
3. Inspect rope occasionally for damage: After
you use your rope, do a quick inspection for
damage. According to REI, you want to look
for the following defects:
- Does the rope feel stiff?
- Do you see or feel cuts?
- Can you see the core?
4. Clean your rope as needed: If your rope
does get dirty, wash it in cold water with mild
soap. Rinse with cold water to get the soap off
and hang up and let air dry. Don’t put rope in
the sun to speed the process.